Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience for children in grades K5 through 6th that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality associated with many sports leagues. Rules unique to Upward Sports—including game format, substitution system and rules for play—are designed to provide the best sports experience for every child. Upward Basketball introduces and enhances basic basketball fundamentals. On top of equipping children with sport fundamentals needed to participate at the next level, some distinctive features to Upward Sports are:
- Each child is evaluated before the team selection process to create balanced teams that are competitive.
- Upward Sports utilizes a unique substitution system which guarantees every child equal playing time.
- Upward Sports aims to teach both athletic skill as well as values for success on and off the playing field/court.
- Upward Sports prioritizes a family friendly schedule by conducting one-hour practices and games each week.
- With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Sports is designed to bring out “the winner” in every child regardless of the game’s score.
Another great summer season complete! Thanks to all the parents & players who participated this year, we hope you had a great season! Hope to see you back! Due to various reasons, we have decided to move the league back to the Fall/Winter season. 2013 season will begin registration in October so keep a look out for promotional material for the league! If you have any questions about the league, feel free to click below to contact Jon Jeffers.